Having spent a decent part of my weekend with Elden Ring I have to say I enjoy it way more than I expected. I did not play Bloodborne as there is no PC port, but other than that I played and enjoyed most FromSoftware titles.
- it took me an hour to beat the first boss - the character creator
- it is hard to create a nice looking character - I might be spoiled by Skyrim with too many mods
- it is the first time I am playing a souls game with a controller - my mind and right hand are not amused and constantly forget where the attack button is
- getting an Xbox controller paired via Bluetooth with a Windows 10 PC seems impossible right now - I had to search for a cable so I am not missing out on game time
- there are so many quality of life features it feels like a good game to get into the souls series
- the snob in me does not like the quality of life feature - but being honest they are really nice
- a map. a useful map. can you imagine?!
- so many bonfires - I know they are called something else. As with the attack button my mind is not ready to call them something else
If you are a fan of the souls series or looking for a good game to get into it if you are curious I would suggest giving Elden Ring a shot :)